Friday, August 24, 2012

How long does it take for it to seal?

Now in my fourth canning season I figured I knew what I was doing. I tried a couple minor tweaks with the canning recipes, but generally kept to task. Well, after a long day of canning tomato soup and juice I was unbelievably frustrated while I waited for the seven or so quarts to seal. This was 3-4 hours after I Re-processed these seven quarts that still didn't seal. So after 5 hours of processing and cooling these quarts did not seal so I put some in the fridge and the rest in the freezer. Here's when I answer the question How does it take for it to seal? Well, I took the jar of tomato juice out of the fridge today and guess what? Yep, it was sealed. I don't know when that happened, but I know now that sometimes it takes longer than you expect. So be patient- and just have another drink to pass the time.
Happy Canning!

No comments: