Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Canning- For Beginners

You enjoy fresh food. You like going to farmer's markets during the summer and wish you could capture all that goodness before the snow begins to fall. Then start canning! Shop locally and enjoy the local harvest during the cold winter months.

I grew up in rural Wisconsin, down the road from my grandparents small farm in Chilton, WI. My Grandma Hildegard (Hildy) always has a huge garden, cans non-stop durng harvest time, and still bakes scrumptious pies and tortes for the local Supper Club. So I've had a lot of inspiration. This year is my first time canning and I'm feeling so inspired that I want to share some of Grandma Hildy's canning recipes with you. It may take some time and a few tries, but trust me- you'll wonder why you didn't start canning sooner.
Check out my pictures on Flickr.
Becky

No comments: