Sunday, September 14, 2008

New Colander- from Grandma Hildy!

I am bursting with excitement to tell you about my new canning tool- the canning colander. It's an upside down cone shape with a wooden pallet to mush all the vegetable (or fruit) goodness. Jeanne and I were planning on canning on Tuesday, but the Chicago weather has thrown a big wrench into our plan. It rained more in one day than any other day causing major flood damage for both me and Jeanne. Our old (but vintage charming) Chicago homes could not withstand the rain so we will be cleaning up on Tuesday instead of canning- bummer! If we recover early we'll have a canning party later this week. I think it's about time to crack open the Tomato juice and add a big lolly of vodka - we need it after this mess. Just in case you're concerned- none of my canning supplies or canned stuff got damaged .

No comments: